100 flowers to knit and crochet

I’ve borrowed this fantastic book from the library and am going to make as many flowers in 4 weeks as I possibly can!

So I started on the Campanula flower – mainly because I had the colours that the book recommended – and it’s gorgeous!

It only took a few hours to whip up – it probably took longer to weave in all the ends of the stem leaves. I ended up with more stem leaves than the pattern has as I misread a bit of the pattern and ended up with many, many more stitches than I should have.

100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet

Amazon: 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet

I just used scrap 8ply acrylic yarn.

Update: a few people have written to me on Ravelry asking for help as the pattern is a bit confusing – for each of the sepals, I bound off after the P3 row, cut the yarn, and then wove in the ends. To move to the next sepal, I took the now unattached yarn and started knitting with it.

Use worldcat to find it in a library near you.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s