I borrowed an old Delicious magazine from the library last week, and found an awesome recipe for spanish chicken! I made a few changes as firstly I only wanted to make dinner for 2, and really couldn’t be bothered going out to the supermarket for new ingredients! This is the result:
Spanish chicken with chorizo and beans
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 100g sliced chorizo
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- half an onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock or water
- 6 green olives
- 200g butter beans, rinsed, drained
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- pumpkin and sweet potato,chopped into 1-2cm cubes, roasted, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chop pumpkin and sweet potato into 1-2cm cubes, and place on tray, splash some oil on and put in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a large casserole over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove and set aside. Season chicken and cook for 1 minute until golden, then turn and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Turn heat to medium, add onion to pan and stir for 2 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add paprika and wine and cook for 1-2 minutes to slightly reduce. Add bay leaves, tomato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Return meat to pan, pushing it into sauce, cover and cook in oven for 20 minutes. Stir in olives and beans and bake for 5 minutes. Season, top with parsley and serve with pumpkin and sweet potato.